Accounting Analyst (Lateral and External) (One or More Positions)
Company: South Orange County Community College District
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Accounting Analyst (Lateral and External) (One or More
Pay Range: 138- starting salary at $6,445 per month
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits
to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance,
a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage,
accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term
disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by
the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California
Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must
apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Under direction from higher level supervisory or management staff,
performs complex professional-level accounting duties in the
preparation, maintenance, and review of financial records,
accounts, and reports; interprets accounting policies and
procedures to ensure accuracy and compliance; develops financial
documentation for decision makers; analyzes and interprets
accounting reports; creates, analyzes, and reports on a wide
variety of complex data; provides technical expertise and support
College-wide related to the financial system; may have functional
or technical supervisory responsibility over clerical and technical
employees; provides assistance in monitoring and resolving budget
problems; and performs a variety of duties in support of the
management of College wide administrative services.
Positions in this classification are distinguished from the
Accounting Specialist series by the required specialized subject
matter expertise in the most complex accounting functions and the
ability to perform financial planning, analysis, and forecasting.
This classification serves as a college wide resource, applying
extensive knowledge of the capabilities, operation, enhancements,
and limitations of automated accounting systems. Employees at this
level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to
assigned area of responsibility, work with a high degree of
independence, and provide significant staff support to
- Modern principles and practices of general and government
accounting and auditing.
- Accounting theory and auditing principles, practices and
- Principles and procedures of complex data management and
- Principles and practices of fiscal, statistical, and
administrative research and report preparation.
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and
- Advanced principles, procedures and techniques of budget analysis
- Principles and practices of financial record keeping.
- Operation of specialized computerized accounting systems and
software in a large, complex organization.
- Capabilities and limitations of automated accounting systems.
- Needs assessment skills and problem-solving techniques used in
identifying and developing computer system enhancements.
- Applicable sections of State Education Code and other laws.
- Mathematical principles.
- Principles of lead supervision and training.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and
applicable software applications such as word processing,
spreadsheets, and databases.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Perform technical and complex accounting and auditing work in the
preparation, maintenance, and review of College/District or campus
financial records, accounts, and reports.
- Audit, review, analyze, and reconcile accounting and budget
- Maintain complex financial records.
- Use and apply specialized knowledge of automated accounting
systems and processes to assess accounting system needs.
- Analyze system capabilities and confer with appropriate staff
regarding system enhancements; test and evaluate results and new
- Interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies,
- Provide technical training, expertise, and assistance to College
administrators, managers, and staff. - Operate a variety of office
equipment and machines such as computer terminal, copier and
calculator. - Adapt to changing technologies and learn
functionality of new equipment and systems.
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of
- Understand the organization and operation of the assigned program
area as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
- Understand, interpret, and apply administrative and office
policies and procedures as well as pertinent laws, regulations, and
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and changing
- Work independently with little direction.
- Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the
varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic,
socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those
contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with
major course work in finance, accounting, business administration
or a closely related field.
Five years of increasingly responsible accounting experience that
involves the use of complex computerized accounting systems.
Additional training as demonstrated through a professional
designation may substitute for some experience.
Please visit the District's Employment Opportunities website at
https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn
more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and
Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers
obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that
individual to accept employment in this country. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: South Orange County Community College District, Mission Viejo , Accounting Analyst (Lateral and External) (One or More Positions), Accounting, Auditing , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!