Back Office Ophthalmic Tech Supervisor
Company: Tayani Institute
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Tayani Institute is seeking a dynamic, energetic and knowledgeable
Back Office Ophthalmic Medical Tech Supervisor to join our growing
and thriving Ophthalmology practice.
Our practice provides a broad array of ophthalmology, optometry,
optical, and plastic surgery services. We are a high volume,
fast-paced practice offering competitive compensation and
Job responsibilities are as follows:
Some responsibilities include:- Is able to properly staff 10
Different Office Locations- Responsible for all Ophthalmic
Technicians for the medical group
Back Office Tech Duties:
- Provide Physicians and their clinics with all necessary
equipment and supplies for the day to run an efficient clinic.
- Responsible for patient flow and management of patient's and
- Keeping exam rooms organized before and after the clinic
- Maintaining eye drop samples and contacting reps under the
supervision of the BO Supervisor.
- Answering and tending to patients questions in the office and
over the phone.
- Rx Refills
- Obtaining authorizations for the patients in office procedures
and specialist referrals if HMO.
- Conducting all necessary testing such as Visual Fields, OCT,
Fundus Photos, Pachymetry, and Topography.
- Calibrating equipment daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly as
directed by the equipment manufacturer.
- Administering TearLab, iLux.
- Documentation in and thorough understanding of NextGen.
- Sending patient information to Patient Portal.
- Traveling to Satellite Offices.
- Back office supply ordering and inventory in assistance to the
- Managing and cataloging photos into NextGen.
- Conducting Pre-Ops for Mountains patients and as a backup to
the surgery coordinator.
- Training new hires and Students.
- Stocking satellite offices
- Equipment maintenance, cleaning and handling of back office
- Scheduling outside testing such as retinal evaluations, CT
scans, MRI's and printing pathology for Physician review.
Salary: $25 - $32 / hour
PM22Must have:- Minimum of 3 years management experience-
Ophthalmology & Optometry Experience- COA or COT- Excellent
computer skills- Great customer service skills- Excellent verbal
and written communication skills- Organized- Detail oriented- Team
Keywords: Tayani Institute, Mission Viejo , Back Office Ophthalmic Tech Supervisor, Administration, Clerical , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!