Back Office Tech with Ophthalmology experience
Company: Ramin Tayami MD Inc
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Tayani Institute is seeking a dynamic, energetic, high level and
knowledgeable Back Office Ophthalmic Medical Assistant with retina
experience to join our growing and thriving Ophthalmology practice
in Southern California. We have positions available in Mission
Viejo and Oceanside.
Our practice provides a broad array of ophthalmology, optometry,
optical, and plastic surgery services. We are a high volume,
fast-paced practice offering competitive compensation and
Job responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide Physicians and their clinics with all necessary
equipment and supplies for the day to run an efficient clinic.
2. Keep exam rooms organized before and after the clinic
3. Maintain eye drop samples and contacting reps under the
supervision of the BO Supervisor.
4. Answer and tend to patients' questions in the office and over
5. Rx Refills
6. Obtain authorizations for the patients in office procedures and
specialist referrals if HMO.
7. Conduct all necessary testing such as Visual Fields, OCT, Fundus
Photos, Pachymetry, and Topography.
8. Calibrate equipment daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly as
directed by the equipment manufacturer.
9. Administer TearLab and iLUX treatments for dry eye.
10. Documentation in and thorough understanding of NextGen.
11. Send patient information to Patient Portal.
12. Travel to Satellite Offices.
13. Order Back Office supplies and inventory in assistance to the
14. Manage and catalogue photos into NextGen.
15. Help with patient workups in the Big Bear and in Needles and
assisting any of the doctors
16. Train new hires and students.
17. Stock satellite offices
18. Maintain, clean and handle back office equipment.
19. Schedule outside testing such as retinal evaluations, CT scans,
MRI's and print pathology for Physician review.
Administrative Non-Back office work:
You may be asked to partake in any and other administrative
functions within the office on an as needed basis
You may be asked to do front office and patient scheduling tasks
and duties as well
Minimum of 3 years back office experience in Ophthalmology
Experience working with a retina specialist
COA, COT or COMT preferred
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
NextGen experience is a plus
Ability to work in fast paced environment
Great customer service skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Organized & detail oriented
Management or leadership experience a plus but not required
Keywords: Ramin Tayami MD Inc, Mission Viejo , Back Office Tech with Ophthalmology experience, Administration, Clerical , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!