Company: The Orchards
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: November 16, 2023
The Orchards is hiring a Part Time Unit Secretary
The Unit Secretary provides administrative and clerical support to
Health Information/ Skilled Nursing department and supports
Admissions & Social Services Department as needed
Part-Time: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 9:00am -5:30pm
$18.50 per hour
Nursing Administration Support:
- Schedules resident appointments and arranges
- Prepare paperwork to send with patients going to physician
office or clinic visits.
- Programs devices in the Nurse Call system to page team members
as needed to provide care.
- Prepares admissions records, charts and ID bands for newly
- Assists with discharge paperwork for discharging residents, as
- Schedules ultrasounds, x-rays and labs as requested.
- Answers phone calls and exhibits excellent customer service and
tact when dealing with physicians, residents, and families.
- Monitors fax machine for lab, pharmacy, or x-ray reports; and
gives reports to licensed nursing staff
- Answers patient call bells and assists patients as needed and
appropriate. Health Information Department Support:
- Monitors timeliness of physician admission and routine monthly
visits as needed.
- Follow-up on patient medical record information to include but
not limited to physician reports, test results, nursing
- Process chart requests as needed. Staffing and Scheduling:
- Maintain a current listing of employee contact numbers for
call-in; develop work schedules at least one month in advance.
Utilizes Social Schedules application effectively for the
department, if applicable.
- Prepares and distributes a daily schedule for nurses and CNAs
and posts the NHPPD form daily and trains others on days off.
- Notify DON or designee of short staffing situations, contact
replacement personnel and modify schedule when required during
shift. Utilizes Social Schedules application effectively for the
department, if applicable. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in a skilled nursing facility as a unit
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic computer knowledge and typing/data entry skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Must be able to concentrate with frequent interruptions
- Ability to function independently, with little direct
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and meet
deadlines, maintain accuracy and detail orientation.
- High school graduate, or equivalent
Come join our dynamic team at a place where you can impact the
lives of others!
Keywords: The Orchards, Mission Viejo , Unit Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!