Executive Director, Operations (Primary Care)
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Executive Director, Operations (Primary Care) This is an
unparalleled opportunity for an Executive Director, Operations -
Primary Care at Mission Heritage Medical Group located in Mission
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrator, the
Executive Director is responsible for the overall planning,
development, coordination, implementation and management of all
medical office administrative functions with specific focus on
business, clinical and managed care, as well as, related medical
office development activities for all sites. The primary focus of
the position includes, but is not limited to; day-to-day
operations, communication, and interoffice coordination to ensure
service, quality, and financial management of the medical offices
As health care evolves, Providence is responding with a vision and
core strategy to transform and innovate at scale. Across five
states, Providence and its affiliates continue to pioneer how care
is delivered by sharing one strategic plan designed to improve the
health of entire populations by supporting the well-being of each
person the organization serves. The plan supports the vision,
"Together, we answer the call of every person we serve: Know me,
care for me, ease my way--", which is Providence's promise to
patients, customers and communities.
The core strategy of "Creating healthier communities, together" is
supported by five specific areas of focus in the system strategic
- Inspire: We must first inspire and develop our people.
- Know: To serve our communities effectively, we are building
enduring relationships with consumers.
- Partner: Providing the best care requires new alignments with
clinicians and care teams.
- Adapt: We'll develop and thrive under new care delivery and
- Adopt: To serve more people we will grow by optimizing
expert-to-expert capabilities. Through innovation, excellence, good
stewardship and working together across Providence, we will
continue to lead change to improve the health of our communities.
The Executive Director, Operations - Primary Care at Mission
Heritage Medical Group will have the following accountabilities:
- Works collaboratively with Administrator, Medical Directors,
and Directors to ensure an integrated system for delivery of care.
- Attends all related meetings; is responsive to other meetings
and committees as required. Communicates outcomes appropriately.
- Functions as a liaison between the Administrator and physicians
for administrative issues for assigned scope of responsibilities.
- Assists in the mentorship of physicians in collaboration with
Administrator and Physician Executive Committee. (2%)
- Responsible for the general oversight and day-to-day management
of the following departments: Clinical, Site Operations, Lab,
Radiology, Medical Billing Office and Utilization
Management/Quality Management. (30%)
- Provides monthly reports, or more frequently as required, to
the Administrator of operational efficiencies, financial status,
employee relations and other issues as identified. (2%)
- Facilitates final conflict resolution with patients regarding
physicians, attorney requests, billings, and health plans that
cannot be resolved by Directors and managers of business
operations, managed care and clinical. (2%)
- Maintains compliance with all legal, OSHA HIPAA, State and
Federal requirements. (3%)
- Oversees the preparation and maintenance of departmental
operating and capital budgets by anticipating expected revenues and
expenses to achieve organizational objectives. (5%)
- Develops a facilities planning and capital replacement program
and periodically evaluates facility capabilities in order to meet
the ongoing operations needs of the organization. (1%)
- Participates with Administrator, physician leadership and
direct reports in the design, development and integration of health
improvement, community outreach and social change initiatives.
- Participates in deployment of information technology
- Responds to the needs of others through effective
communication, mutual respect, and consistent follow through in
order to generate trust and enhance personal effectiveness.
- Leads project related work teams, fosters shared problem
solving and supports decisions of the work team. (5%)
- Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and
QUALIFICATIONS Ideal experience/education for this position
- B.S. degree in Healthcare Administration or Business
Administration; Master's Degree preferred.
- CMPE or FACMPE in the American College of Medical Practice
- 5-7 years of experience as an Associate Administrator, Chief
Operating Officer or Clinic Administrator.
- Minimum 3 years management experience in a medical group
- Prefer multispecialty medical group experience with primary
- Experience designing, managing and effectively leading
organizational change initiatives.
- Experienced with data collection, analysis, and providing
written reports, proposals incorporating findings.
- Familiar with IDX Enterprise practice management system and
practical application and integration of electronic health records
("EHR") highly desirable.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving and
decision-making. Skill in analysis, development of comprehensive
reports and complex data. Ability to set priorities and to lead
proactively and courageously.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationship with
medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Skill in
preparation and presentation of reports to various committees and
- Team building experience in leading and directing
cross-functional work groups (e.g., clinical, non-clinical,
licensed, non-licensed and technical personnel) to achieve
- An innovative, practical and collaborative strategic problem
- Ability to lead effectively and demonstrate core competencies
in people management, financial management, change management,
operations improvement and general communication.
- Ability to travel within St. Joseph Health locations.
- Valid California Driver's License for travel between SJHH
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most
respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. My Profile
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Mission Viejo , Executive Director, Operations (Primary Care), Executive , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!