Director of ECE and Lower School
Company: Stratford School
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Saratoga, CA, Stratford
School is an exceptional operator of independent, non-secular,
private, for-profit schools, offering Preschool - 8th grade. In
2015, Stratford refreshed its school-wide purpose: Connecting
students to their unique futures. Stratford School seeks to create
an extended school community that inspires children to realize
their full potential while providing a safe and nurturing school
environment. To support this, Stratford School brings together
campus leadership, teachers, and parents who are passionate about
education. Together, they provide the best possible learning
environment for their students through values that bind the entire
school community.Stratford School offers an accelerated liberal
arts curriculum with an emphasis in the areas of STEAM: Science,
Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics. With an infusion of
music, drama, physical education, history, foreign language, and
social skills development, Stratford students benefit from its'
traditional approach coupled with a 21st Century Learning
framework. Graduating Stratford Middle School students are prepared
for advanced placement classes at top high schools.Stratford School
is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
(WASC). WASC accreditation certifies Stratford as a reputable
institution and provides families with confidence in Stratford's
purpose, mission, and educational goals. Accreditation also assures
parents that its purposes are being accomplished through a
visionary educational program.Stratford consistently rates as one
of the top private schools in the Bay Area in terms of parent
satisfaction and academic outcomes with average student test scores
in the top 10% nationally. The School has repeatedly been named one
of the best schools in the Bay Area by Bay Area Parent
Magazine.This leadership role is key to establishing Stratford in
this new market, bringing Stratford's vision of academic excellence
to more communities throughout the Bay Area, Southern California
and beyond. http://www.stratfordschools.com/Director of ECE and
Lower School PositionReporting to the Head of School, the Director
(PS through 3rd grade) is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
The Director works closely with all administrators in the
leadership of the school. The Director brings life to our purpose
of "connecting students to their unique futures." The ECE and Lower
School Director provides leadership aimed at providing the best
possible school climate, as well as, maximum opportunities for
student growth and development.
Specific duties include the following:Business Operations
- Serves as the educational leader of the Elementary grades, and
is responsible for its day-to-day operations.
- Adheres and ensures compliance with local governing and
- Support all WASC accreditation initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with local and state regulations, and
maintains the National Association of Independent Schools
Principles of Good Practice.Staff Development and Student Outcomes
- Directs the activities of the Faculty/Staff in the performance
of their duties.
- Serves as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom
management, teaching methodology, and general school
- Observes, supervises, and evaluates the faculty in the
development and implementation of curriculum; supervises the
teaching process, and reviews and evaluates academic programs.
- Is a visible presence in the school and connects daily with
families, students, and staff?
- Makes recommendations to the Head of School regarding the
hiring, retention, and assignment of faculty.
- In partnership with the Head of School, conducts regular
meetings and professional development opportunities with
- Oversees student performance and academic achievement.School
- Assigns daily staff duties and schedules: recess, lunch,
arrival, and dismissal.
- Maintains a comprehensive calendar of school events.
- Partners with the Head of School to create a supportive and
open and collaborative environment for faculty and staff.
- Assists the Head of School in planning school assemblies and
- Attends professional conferences, seminars, and workshops in
education, minimum of one per school year.
- Keeps the Head of School informed of the general programs,
activities, and problems of the lower school.
- Customer service, both internal and external, is given top
priority and builds rapport with students, parents, and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of
- Exudes a courageous, compassionate, and caring leadership style
that engenders support among colleagues, staff, and the community
through his/her knowledge, experience, creativity, vision, and
dedication to the school's mission.
- A leader who can clearly articulate the vision of the school
and has the ability to inspire both internal and external
- A creative individual who thinks globally, works
collaboratively, is open to new ideas and embraces change.
- Demonstrated leadership in ability to teach, train, supervise
and support teachers in best practices.Personal Attributes:
- An individual of high integrity and reputation who understands
the importance of trust, respect, collaboration, and high standards
- A good listener who is intuitive, thoughtful, considerate, and
compassionate about relationships with others.
- A mission-driven individual who leads by example with
enthusiasm, passion, and sparkling intelligence.Job
- Bachelor's degree in education at a minimum and Preschool
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in a lower school
- Administrative experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
(oral and written).
- Pediatric First Aid and CPR Certified and current
- Must have a strong proven track record
- Microsoft Office proficient
- High level of confidentiality
- A strong degree of integrity and ethics
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, letter of interest, a
statement of educational philosophy, and three professional
Keywords: Stratford School, Mission Viejo , Director of ECE and Lower School, Executive , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!