RN II - Step Down Unit *Up to $20,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Step Down Unit
Department at St. Jude Medical Center. Location: Fullerton, CA Work
Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Nights Job
Summary: The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely,
therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses
information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement,
identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care. The
Intermediate care/ Step Down unit is organized, operated and
maintained to provide the monitoring and care of patients with
moderate or potentially severe physiologic instability requiring
specialized equipment and or personnel necessary for invasive
monitoring. Essential Functions:
- Facilitates patient care through effective communication
- Develops and maintains therapeutic and effective relationships
with patient/family and the health care team
- Delegates care appropriately
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative Leadership
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related
to staffing and scheduling.
- Critical Care Unit/ Step Down Unit (4N-CCU/SDU,
- Demonstrates knowledge/ability to use/interpret results of
equipment in the area i.e. EKG strips.
- Appropriately manages the patient with temporary pacemaker.
Recognized normal and abnormal functioning, and accurately adjusts
the rate, milli-amperage or polarity of a temporary pace maker in
accordance with the physicians specific orders.
- Demonstrates creativity, sensitivity and critical thinking
ability in the coordination and provision of patient care,
evaluation of care delivery and revision of organizational systems
to improve patient outcomes.
- Supports and fosters strong nursing morale. Maintains a
positive professional image of nursing and encourages and
recognizes staff for their contributions.
- Acts as a collaborative resource person whose clinical
expertise is actively sought. Encourages and supports the clinical
bedside RN in improving their assessment and critical thinking
skills. Maintains open lines of communication to address concerns
- Promotes a team approach by including the unit RN staff in
patient care, communication and disposition. Assures that the
coordinator on the unit is involved and is notified of any Rapid
- Provides teaching as opportunity permits and the need is
identified. Minimum Position Requirements: Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, graduate from nursing school
(Hired on/after 1/1/11), or hired prior to 1/1/11 (and rehired
after 1/1/11): Graduate from nursing school with a diploma,
Associate Degree, or Bachelor 's Degree in Nursing.
- Hired as a result of a unit transfer from Heritage: Graduate
from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor
's Degree in Nursing.
- Hired as a ministry transfer: Currently enrolled in a BSN
program with an expected graduation date within 6 months of hire.
Experience : 1 year acute care experience. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current CA Registered Nurse License.
- American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Preferred Position
- Professional Nursing Organization Membership.
- PCCN. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will
receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
system. St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit,
384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern
California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals.
With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude
offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether
for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine
mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care
and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services
and programs.St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as -on
call/per diem - refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as -as needed basis - to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
St. Jude Medical Center Category: Critical Care Nursing Req ID:
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Mission Viejo , RN II - Step Down Unit *Up to $20,000 Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!