Clinic RN II - Diagnostic *$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: May 15, 2022
We are looking for a Clinic Registered Nurse II with $5,000
Sign-On Bonus for the Diagnostic Department at Providence Medical
Foundation. $5,000 Sign-on Bonus for eligible external candidates
who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the
fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence
that begin on your first day of employment.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional
nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with
established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
Demonstrates performance consistent with the St. Joseph Heritage
Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization.
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks
appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Demonstrates initiative in the delivery of patient care in a
Team Based Care model.
- Adapts to different provider preferences in patient care
- Welcomes feedback from other team members in order to better
improve patient outcomes and team efficiency.
- Provides feedback to team in an appropriate fashion in order to
- Champions continued growth and learning of oneself as well as
- Remains flexible to changes in workflows and scheduling
- Understands own and team members' scope of practice and
escalates issues as appropriate.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command
and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in site/pod specific
operations and patient care activities.
- Shares responsibility and authority with the care team and
holds each team member accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.
- Nursing Process:
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care
that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating
the outcomes of that plan through appropriate follow up.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation,
- Ensures plan is reflective of on-going findings, age
appropriate care, cultural specific needs, and appropriate
- Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant
others, and completed in a timely manner.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and
evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development and completion of plan including
barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands plan of care. Identify
barriers and needs for patient/family education that will
facilitate the plan of care.
- Identifies and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns
regarding patient condition, treatment or plan of care.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side
effects, and administration instructions.
- Implement Standardized Procedures after demonstrated
- Patient Care Experience:
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the patient's
ability to utilize resources.
- Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively
listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking
responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can understand and
- Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members'
- Team Commitment:
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees,
students, and other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services, daily huddles,
Team Based Care monthly meetings, and staff meetings as required,
actively participates in other departmental professional
development. (Requirement may vary for per diem staff).
- Participates with the assessment of current and future site/pod
- Keeps self-informed of activities the team and makes
appropriate recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program. Reports to assigned area
promptly, being present and available for report at beginning of
- Fiscal Responsibility:
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs
simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum
- Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment
including Word, Excel and Microsoft Office e-mail system. Past
experience with an electronic health record system.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate
effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess a professional and mature demeanor.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent and effective leadership skills with the ability to
remain flexible, cooperative, and assist others.
- Ability to confront difficult or conflict situations
constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions with the ability to accept
- Knowledge of responsibilities and applicable state, federal and
- Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect,
kindness and compassion.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, handle
multiple tasks and work with interruptions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.
- EMR experience in Epic, Touchworks, IDX, and Microsoft Office
experience a plus.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: 1 year RN experience in an acute care or ambulatory
- Current CA RN license.
- Current BLS certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Previous experience in a leadership role.
- 2 years RN experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
Providence Medical Foundation (formerly St. Joseph Heritage Health)
includes seven medical groups throughout Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County. With 175
locations and nearly 4,000 caregivers (employees), Providence
Medical Foundation has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, receiving top honors from various organizations, including
the Orange County Medical Association for Physicians of Excellence
and the Integrated Healthcare Association with distinction in
clinical quality. Providence Medical Foundation provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Providence Medical Foundation complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Company: Providence Medical Foundation
Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: R355112
Join us in delivering health for a better world.
At Providence, our strength begins with understanding. We take time
to see, hear and value everyone who walks through our doors.
Working with us means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected.
Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in 51
hospitals, 1,085 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and
social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico,
Oregon, Texas and Washington.
The Providence family includes:
As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more
people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than
100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Delivering
services across seven states, Providence is committed to touching
millions of more lives and enhancing the health of the American
West to transform care for the next generation and beyond.
Keywords: Providence, Mission Viejo , Clinic RN II - Diagnostic *$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*, Healthcare , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!