Clinical Nurse Practitioner Internal Medicine
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Summary: This position provides direct patient care in the
ambulatory setting and reports to the Chief of Staff and Medical
Office Administrator at the medical office site where services are
provided. Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management
Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with
the four core values that are the foundation of all activities
performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St.
Joseph Health System. Dignity: Demonstrates competence in
communication and interpersonal relations. Excellence: Demonstrates
competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning,
accountability, and teamwork. Service: Demonstrates competence in
customer/patient focus and adaptability. Justice: Demonstrates
competence in community orientation and stewardship. Essential
- Demonstrates the ability to provide health assessment,
diagnosis and treatment in the ambulatory care setting.
- Demonstrates the ability to select medications appropriately
and in accordance with pharmacy formulary.
- Demonstrates the ability to act in the best interest of the
patient by providing information to make informed decisions in
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to complete patient
encounter forms daily with appropriate diagnosis and treatment
codes. Submits patient charges daily.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the unique needs of the
adult and/or pediatric patient in providing care in the ambulatory
- Demonstrates appropriate clinical judgment in providing care by
consulting/referring to the supervising physician, as needed.
- Demonstrates the skills necessary to accurately code patient
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate and thorough
documentation in the medical record for care provided and
- Maintains and/or is available to meet productivity standard for
number of patients seen in a timely manner. Additional
- Maintains specialty skill sets specific to the ambulatory
- Obtains higher learning experiences to enhance and develop new
skills and knowledge to provide care through additional training
and experiences. Seeks opportunity for cross training within
- Participates in special projects including but not limited to
Research & Development, upon request
- Attends and participates, whenever possible, in organizations
monthly Allied Health meetings.
- Adapts to changing needs in office to facilitate operational
needs and improved access.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Age-Related
- Human development knowledge/skills: Demonstrates the knowledge
and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and
development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for
age specific requirement of the assigned unit.
- Age-specific patient needs that employee is required to
understand and meet: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret age appropriate data about the patient's status in order
to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
- Additional requirements: Demonstrates age appropriate
communication skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the
scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
Maintains all practices to protect PHI and follow HIPAA guidelines.
Nursing managers and coordinators shall have access to the complete
medical record of patients under their care for clinical or health
care operation purposes. All members of the nursing staff shall
have access to the complete medical record of patients to which the
staff member is assigned while on duty and working. Risk
Management: Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and
investigations _._ Safety Requirements: Is knowledgeable of,
observes and complies with hospital Codes of Safe Practice, safety
policies and emergency procedures. Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Master's degree form an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
required. Experience: New Grad and/or entry level within an
ambulatory care facility or medical group practice. License /
- Current BLS certificate
- Current Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner license
- DEA License
- Board of Registered Nursing Certification of Nurse
- Board of Registered Nurses Certification Furnishing Number
- Board of Registered Nurses Certification Furnishing Number
issued by California Board of Registered Nurses.
- ACLS (for Adult Medicine Nurse Practitioners only)
- PALS (for Pediatric/Family Nurse Practitioners only) Knowledge
/ Skills / Abilities:
- Possesses the skills, knowledge, and abilities essential to the
successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret medical records,
technical procedures, and related regulations.
- Ability to document all patient activity and technical
information. Ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions from physicians, patients, co-workers and outside
health care providers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Possess excellence in customer service when dealing with both
external and internal persons while on the job. Preferred Position
Qualifications: Experience: Two (2) years' experience as a Nurse
Practitioner highly desirable. Computer Skills: AEMR, IDX and
Allscripts experience a plus. Other: Bilingual English/Spanish
communication skills. Environmental Conditions: May include
exposure to potentially hazardous material, infectious agents,
contact with patients, public and staff. Physical Requirements:
Sitting, standing, walking, bending, climbing, reaching, stooping,
kneeling pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 24 lbs. and
grasping. Providence Medical Foundation (formerly St. Joseph
Heritage Health) includes seven medical groups throughout Northern
California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County. With
175 locations and nearly 4,000 caregivers (employees), Providence
Medical Foundation has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, receiving top honors from various organizations, including
the Orange County Medical Association for Physicians of Excellence
and the Integrated Healthcare Association with distinction in
clinical quality. Providence Medical Foundation provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Providence Medical Foundation complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Company: Providence Medical Foundation Category: Health
Care Req ID: R359787
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Mission Viejo , Clinical Nurse Practitioner Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!