Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Summary: This position provides direct patient care in the
ambulatory setting and reports to the Chief of Staff and Medical
Office Administrator at the medical office site where services are
provided. Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management
Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with
the four core values that are the foundation of all activities
performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St.
Joseph Health System. Dignity: Demonstrates competence in
communication and interpersonal relations. Excellence: Demonstrates
competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning,
accountability, and teamwork. Service: Demonstrates competence in
customer/patient focus and adaptability. Justice: Demonstrates
competence in community orientation and stewardship. Essential
- Provides health assessment, diagnosis and treatment in the
ambulatory care setting.
- Selects medications appropriately and in accordance with
- Acts in the best interest of the patient by providing
information to make informed decisions in their care.
- Completes patient encounter forms daily with appropriate
diagnosis and treatment codes. Submits patient charges daily.
- Understands the unique needs of the adult and/or pediatric
patient in providing care in the ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrates appropriate clinical judgement in providing care
by consulting/referring to the supervising physician, as
- Demonstrates the skills necessary to accurately code patient
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate and thorough
documentation in the medical record for care provided and
- Maintains and/or is available to meet productivity standard for
number of patients seen in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates competency in required clinical procedures.
- Maintains specialty skill sets specific to the ambulatory
- Obtains higher learning experiences to enhance and develop new
skills and knowledge to provide care through additional training
and experiences. Seeks opportunity for cross training within
- Participates in special projects including but not limited to
Research & Development, upon request
- Attends and participates, whenever possible, in organizations
monthly Allied Health meetings.
- Adapts to changing needs in office to facilitate operational
needs and improved access.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Age-Related
- Human development knowledge/skills: Demonstrates the knowledge
and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and
development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for
age specific requirement of the assigned unit.
- Age-specific patient needs that employee is required to
understand and meet: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret age appropriate data about the patient's status in order
to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
- Additional requirements: Demonstrates age appropriate
communication skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the
scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
Maintains all practices to protect PHI and follow HIPAA guidelines.
Nursing managers and coordinators shall have access to the complete
medical record of patients under their care for clinical or health
care operation purposes. All members of the nursing staff shall
have access to the complete medical record of patients to which the
staff member is assigned while on duty and working. Risk
Management: Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and
investigations _._ Safety Requirements: Is knowledgeable of,
observes and complies with hospital Codes of Safe Practice, safety
policies and emergency procedures. Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner training
program. Experience: Requires two (2) plus years' experience as a
Nurse Practitioner. License / Certification:
- Current RN license
- Board of Registered Nursing Certification of Nurse
- Board of Registered Nurses Certification Furnishing Number
- DEA License
- Current BLS certificate Computer Skills: Basic computer skills
in a Windows operating environment including Microsoft Word, Excel
and an e-mail system. Preferred Position Qualifications: Computer
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications. Other:
Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills a plus.
Environmental Conditions: May include exposure to potentially
hazardous material, infectious agents, contact with patients,
public and staff. Physical Requirements: Sitting for long periods
of time, walking, standing, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling,
pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 20lbs., and grasping.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most
respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Company:
Providence Medical Foundation Category: Health Care Req ID:
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Mission Viejo , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!