Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse - Home Health
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for a Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse for Home
Health Indirect at Home Health Network. Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours Shift: 8-hour, Days
Job Summary: The Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse coordinates and
provides care in the home care setting to patients with ostomies,
draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic
wounds, and incontinence. Patient care will reflect the
physician/agency/health system philosophy and high standards of
nursing care for patients. The care includes providing hands-on
care as well as education to the patient and PCG(s). Instructs
nurses, physicians, and other health care team members in the care
of patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure
ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence. Performs
related supply management and documentation tasks. Essential
- Documents the full assessment and create a plan of care with
accurate orders, diagnosis and projection of visits for all
disciplines necessary to support each patient in EHR.
- Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient
education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as
patient needs change.
- Documentation completed and synchronized/submitted by 10:00 am
the following day.
- Documents patient status in an accurate, timely and concise
manner by use of EHR in patient home at the time of visit.
- Utilizing the nursing process, initiates assessment, planning,
and implementation of care; also instructs nursing personnel in the
care of patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure
ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence.
- Assists physicians in caring for patients with all of the above
conditions, in addition to stoma sizing, teaching intermittent
catheterization, and consultation.
- Provides comprehensive post-op care to patients and teaching to
patients and their PCG(s) regarding care.
- Evaluates, selects, and recommends supplies and equipment for
patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers,
acute and/or chronic wounds and incontinence.
- Documents patient care in accordance with home health standards
and state and federal regulations.
- Attends patient care conferences and staff meetings as
required; communicates patients' special needs to appropriate
health care team members.
- Serves as a consultant to nursing staff, physicians, and other
health care team members related to his/her area of expertise.
- Provides inservice educational programs as needed to nurses,
physicians, and other health care team members in cooperation with
the Education Director.
- Keeps current in area of expertise by attending professional
programs and participating in professional organizations.
- Attends scheduled meetings.
- Completes mandatory in-services by attendance and or designated
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints,
regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Demonstrates Values based customer service skills Minimum
Position Requirements: Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Experience: 1 year Nursing experience. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current RN licensure.
- Current Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse (CWON) Licensure.
- Basic Life Support.
- CA Driver's license.
- Proof of auto insurance. Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 1 year CWOCN (ET) experience.
- 2 years RN experience.
- 1 year Home Health experience. Licenses/Certifications:
Certified Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse Certification (CWOCN).
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice
and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County,
Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care
they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core
values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in
everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and
well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home
Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. Company: SJH Home Health
Network Category: Emergency Nursing Req ID: R356492
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Mission Viejo , Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse - Home Health, Healthcare , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!