Cook - Nutritional Care
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: January 12, 2022
We are looking for a Cook for the Nutritional Care Department at
Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.Location: Mission Viejo,
CAWork Schedule: On Call/ Per DiemShift: 8-hour, DaysJob
Summary:Under general supervision prepares/serves quality food in
appropriate quantities and in a timely manner for patients,
employees, staff, and visitors in accordance with established
recipes and menus. Assures that all safety and sanitation
requirements are met.Essential Functions:
- Uses customer service skills in performing job responsibilities
to patients, families, visitors, and staff.
- Open and Set-up:
- Sets up assigned area.
- Cleans all serving areas.
- Arranges foods in an attractive, sanitary manner with proper
utensils for serving.
- Stocks area with adequate service ware and condiments.
- Gathers ingredients and equipment to assure that quality and
accurate quantity of food is ready to cook for patient, employee,
staff, and visitor service in a timely manner using established
recipes. Receives orders for items to be cooked.
- Preps, measures, weigh, and combine ingredients for preparation
of all food in accordance with established recipes.
- Cooks quality food according to established recipes in
appropriate quantities for timely service to patients, employees,
staff, and visitors.
- Ensures adequate quantities and types of foods are available
and are properly dated and rotated at all times.
- Assures that all safety and sanitation standards and
regulations, as well as, policies and procedures established by the
NCS Department are met.Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and train staff in food service
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantity food preparation/catering
- Knowledge of regulations and codes on safety and
- Knowledge and ability to operate food service equipment.
- Good verbal, reading, and writing skills.
- Basic math skills for calculating measures n order to prepare
appropriate quantities and decrease menu batches.
- Visual ability required for reading recipes, ingredient
containers, food labels, cleaning supply labels, and
- Ability to walk and stand for majority of each workday.
- Good customer service skills.
- Proficient in required competencies upon completion of
orientation, as listed on the unit specific competency inventory
- Knowledgeable in preparation of special diet foods.Minimum
Position Requirements:Experience: 2 years - Cooking or catering
experience.Preferred Position Qualifications:Education:
Coursework/Training - Vocational training in food
production.Experience: Experience in hospital food production.Apply
Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with
some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.At Mission
Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our
core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and
Integrity translate into an environment where the welfare of our
patients always comes before the bottom line. As a member of
Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange
County.Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center
and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have
Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care,
spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.Mission Hospital Laguna
Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency
department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health
programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and
chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder
program.Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual
surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It
is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health
Care.We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and
in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals
for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing
and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with
competitive salaries and benefits.Mission Hospital provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions
specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of
shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff
vacancies.Company: Mission Hospital Regional Medical
CenterCategory: Cook/ ChefReq ID: R349108
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Mission Viejo , Cook - Nutritional Care, Hospitality & Tourism , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!