Quality Improvement Specialist
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: February 25, 2021
We are looking for a Quality Improvement Specialist for the HSS
Emerging Model Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA--
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days-- Job Summary:
The Performance Improvement Project Coordinator oversees the daily
operations of pay for performance programs (P4P) and other
performance improvement (PI) initiatives as assigned by the Dir. of
Performance Improvement. This position provides on-going
communication to patients, staff and physicians, runs reports, and
manages electronic applications for improved patient care
coordination.-- Essential Functions:
- Coordinates with IPA member physician offices to operationalize
P4P programs in an ambulatory care setting. Run outcomes reports,
track changes over time and monitor new measures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date P4P databases including
Ascender, Avatar and PhysConnect to identify and track patients.
Enter data, run reports, manage users and communicate with
physicians and their office staff.
- Coordinate P4P and HCC written and verbal communication with
patients through letters, surveys and phone calls.
- Research problems by investigation methods at physicians'
offices in paper charts or/in electronic medical record systems
and/or practice management system when discrepancies in data exist,
provide accurate and timely responses to physicians, and update
appropriate SJHAP databases.
- Fully comprehend clinical P4P measures and support the Director
of Performance Improvement in ongoing communications to the IPA
physicians and staff.
- Manage the continuity of care process to ensure follow-up with
patients who have been discharged from the hospital or Emergency
- Assist in process improvement initiatives by organizing
meetings, collecting data and following-up with departments,
practices and sites.
- Work with the Director of Performance Improvement and the
Center for Health Promotion to administer chronic care management
- Participate in staff meetings and assist in other Performance
Improvement initiatives. Skills:
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of computers, micro-soft office, access, and practice
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Good writing and verbal skills.
- Able to learn medical terminology.
- Reliable transportation.
- Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred.
Minimum Position Qualifications: Education: Bachelor's Degree with
1 year experience in a health care environment or 4 years in a
health care environment Experience: 4 years in health care
environment. Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience:--Experience in process improvement initiatives and pay
for performance programs. Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of
California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000
employees and 75 locations throughout California, including,
Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles
County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually
recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information
technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a
commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the
organization's mission, vision and values.
Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. My Profile
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Mission Viejo , Quality Improvement Specialist, Other , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!