We are looking for a Neuro Technologist for the MHMG Plaza
Neurology Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Part Time - 40 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Performs a variety of patient testing that involve the recording
activity from the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves testing
including neurodiagnostic Electroencephalography (EEG), Evoked
Potentials (EP), Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV). With limited
supervision (Note: Trainees must be directly supervised by a senior
- Performs neurodiagnostic testing including,
- Evoked Potentials (EP) and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) in
accordance with Association of Electroencephalography (AEEG) or
correlating professional organization.
- EEG: Recognizes patterns of significance and alerts physician
- EP: Performs analysis, maintains storage of records, and
retrieves data as required.
- NCV: Obtains clear and accurate take-off and amplitude
according to physician's instructions.
- Performs established infection control procedures on equipment
and when applying electrodes.
- Theoretical and technical knowledge of neurodiagnostic
procedures and related equipment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal skills.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Graduate of an accredited school for
neurodiagnostic technology or Continued education involving the
basic sciences, and 1 year experience in hospital setting or an
allied health field.
Experience: One (1) year experience in hospital setting or an
allied health field.
Licenses/Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) training.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Successful completion and registration in one or more of the
following: EEG, EP, and NCV.
- Certification or eligible to take the CNIM Certification
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most
respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.