We are looking for a Lead MRI Technologist for the MRI - MV
Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Under general direction of the Imaging Supervisor and manager,
the Lead MRI Technologist is directly responsible for planning,
directing, and supervising all aspects of the department in regards
to services, programs, and evaluation of such programs while
maintaining a safe and effective department. The Lead technologist
is a working technologist performing procedures.
- Coordinates with imaging leaders, organizes, plans, and directs
activities relating to patients and procedures which include
creating a protocol book, new hire orientation, accreditations, and
- Coordinate the daily schedule and assignments which may
occasionally include performing exams depending on staffing.
- Is instrumental in the establishment and achievement of
department and hospital priorities and goals and maintaining
compliance with governing and accrediting authorities.
- Instructs new personnel and students to ensure proper
orientation to the department policies and procedures. Assists
manager in selection process and provides input to hiring of staff.
Monitors the performance of technologists to ensure that work is
carried out in accordance with all departmental and hospital
policies and procedures. Provides input to manager on performance
evaluations. Coordinates initial and on-going competency skills and
orientation of new procedures. Recommends and collaborates with
manager and supervisor to implement coaching. Evaluates products
and services and recommends purchase of new or replacement supplies
and equipment. Makes recommendations for possible solutions to
employee engagement and patient satisfaction. Maintains cooperative
working relationships with hospital departmental personnel to order
supplies gather and exchange information and resolve operational
problems and services provided.
- Continuously assesses and improves the quality of care and
services provided. Maintains quality control programs as
appropriate. Collects, generates, analyzes, and distributes reports
- Completes and accurately identifies, troubleshoots, and
resolves problems by either own knowledge or contacting the
appropriate personnel for example Manger, Supervisor, Bio Med or
vendor. Works closely with manager and physicians to grow the
service line through new procedures and equipment as needed.
- Monitors performance of caregivers to meet the expectation of
the Radiologists in accordance with hospital policies and
- Serves as a resource to the department, the hospital and the
community to provide accurate information according to standards of
care. Focuses on quality care and positive interdepartmental
- Observes performance of Radiologist to ensure work is carried
out in accordance with all department and hospital policies and
procedures and provides input to Manager on their performance.
Works collaboratively with Supervisor and /or manager in
development on new procedures related to technology changes.
Attends and reports to appropriate committees as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for routine
contact with employees, physicians, patients and patient's
- Ability to handle intense situations.
- Computer data entry skills to enter patient and
- Basic understanding of physics, math, electronics, anatomy, and
- Ability to move and position adult and pediatric patients.
- Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve independently and interpret
instructions to obtain proper end results and initiate resolution
- Visual capabilities to observe patients and equipment.
- Ability to perform necessary procedures and knowledge of age
- Proficient in required competencies upon completion of
orientation, as listed on the unit specific competency.
- Provide input on evaluations, competencies and employee
- Attends all assigned staff development activities including
minimum attendance at all scheduled staff and hospital meetings.
Participates in all in-services and cross-training as
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Coursework/Training - Completion of an approved MRI
Experience: 5 years of experience as an MRI Technologist
- ARRT (MRI) or ARMRIT
- Healthcare Provider level BLS.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- 2 years of Management experience.
- 5 years of Clinical experience.
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna
Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice,
Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the
welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a
member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and
is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of
Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine,
vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities
with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical
services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and
outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an
outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual
surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It
is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in
2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for
top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and
healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive
salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.