Nursing Manager - Cardiac Telemetry
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: June 3, 2021
We are looking for a Nursing Manager for the Cardiac Telemetry
Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Reports to the Executive Director or Director and maintains 24
hour accountability in planning, managing, controlling and
organizing comprehensive, safe, efficient, and high quality patient
care. Assists in the administration of the budgetary functions. The
Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating the daily operations
and clinical practice of the assigned service areas. Establishes
and maintains standards of care and unit policies and procedures.
Adheres to the ANA Nurse Administration Scope & Standards of
Care of Patients:
- Assures that effective and appropriate care is provided to both
Mission Hospital and CHOC Children's at Mission patients when
applicable. Demonstrates the ability to assess/meet the
psychosocial and developmental age-related needs of the specific
- Employs strategies to foster health promotion, health teaching,
and the provision of the other educational services and
- Assures that protocols or guidelines reflect evidence based
practice, including accepted changes in care management, and
addresses emerging problems.
- Uses creativity and innovation in nursing practice to improve
care delivery and population outcomes.
Management of Human Resources:
- Assures that staff education and training needs are met on a
- Provides guidance and direction in resolving complex employee
- Ensures minimal disruption of daily operations as issues
arises, performing values-based verbal and written counseling as
- Conducts performance reviews on a regular and timely basis,
providing opportunities for personnel development through
appropriate delegation, coaching, and performance analysis.
- Interview and hires personnel based on organization values,
using facilitative leadership guidelines.
Financial Management & Resource Utilization:
- Participates in development and justification of the operating
and capital budget plan.
- Monitors budget compliance, and initiates corrective action in
a timely manner.
- Administers expense and revenue reports, assurance of charge
process, productivity, and budget data for assigned clinical
- Monitors and adjusts staffing patterns based on patient care
requirements and department needs consistent with productivity
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and
impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing and
- Develops, implements, and monitors compliance with departmental
policies and procedures, ensuring that they are in compliance with
standards of practice and regulatory bodies guidelines.
- Oversees departmental personnel and medical record maintenance:
current licensure, certification, orientation, performance
appraisals, quality controls, and log of operations and
- Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional
practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and
Improving Performance & Quality of Practice:
- Collects and analyzes comprehensive data, identifies expected
outcomes. Develops, implements, and evaluates a plan to attain
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of
nursing practice, nursing services administration, and the delivery
- Drives quality improvement programs and activities.
- Uses the result of quality improvement activities to initiate
changes in nursing practice and in the healthcare delivery
- Assures the development and implementation of an effective,
ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve the quality of
care, treatment, and services delivered.
- Evaluates the practice environment and quality of nursing care
rendered in relation to existing evidence, identifying
opportunities for the generation and use of research.
Service & Advocacy:
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with
various hospital departments and outside agency personnel.
- Regularly participates as a member of various hospital and/or
medical staff committees in order to provide input into development
of service goals, plans, and objectives.
- Demonstrates and promotes excellence in customer service when
dealing with patient/family, physician, and employee issues.
- Advocates for the protection and rights of individuals,
families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing,
and other professions, and institutions and organizations,
especially related to health and safety.
- Positively represents Mission Hospital and CHOC Children's at
Mission in our community through coordination and support of
educational in-services and participation in community education
Communication & Collaboration:
- Effectively uses appropriate means of communication across the
- Keeps Director informed about significant events, problems, and
corrective action taken.
- Serves as a member of designated committees. Performs and
responds to committee needs and requests.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers and
- Collaborates with all levels of nursing staff,
interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and
the profession by creating and maintaining a healthy work
environment, engaging as a team builder, and serving as a change
- Functions as a positive and effective role model who
establishes quality standards and performance expectations.
- Collaborates with Director in developing plans for future
programs, goals, and initiatives of Surgical Services, and in
communicating, implementing, and monitoring results.
- Provides consultation to influence the identified plan, enhance
the abilities of others, and effect change.
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflect current practice
in order to develop, maintain, and improve skills in the nurse
- Promotes advancement of the profession through participation in
- Integrates ethical provision in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates the values of dignity and justice by assuring
respect for patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Participates in multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams
that address ethical risk, benefits, and outcomes.
- Incorporates "Code of Ethics for Nurses" in the specific
- Knowledge of nursing theory, practice, and administration in
order to oversee planning and implementation of patient care.
- Knowledge of the organization, operation, and coordination of
several patient care services(s), in-depth and up-to date knowledge
of patient care theories and practices, and ability to contribute
to overall department administration.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide effective leadership
of subordinates, maintain a variety of internal and external
contacts, and work cooperatively with the medical staff, hospital
managers, executives, and department staff.
- Analytical abilities necessary to evaluate delivery of care
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in area(s) of
- Proficient in required competencies upon completion of
orientation, as listed on the unit specific Competency Inventory
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field.
- Internal Candidates - Enrolled in healthcare or business
related Master's program by July 2020 and degree completion by
December 2023. (The only exceptions are for incumbents who plan to
leave the organization between those dates.)
- External Candidates - Enrolled in healthcare or business
related Master's program by July 2020 and degree completion by
Experience: 5 years Clinical experience in Acute Care including
2 years in specialty area.
- Current CA RN license.
- Current BLS.
- Depending on specialty area: ACLS, PALS, NRP, monitoring or
- Within 6 months of hire, certification in nursing
administration, management or specialty area as approved by
American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Magnet.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: Management experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Second National Certification in
specialty area or Professional Certification in Nursing
Administration or Management, as approved by American Nurses
Credentialing Center's Commission on Magnet.
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna
Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice,
Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the
welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a
member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and
is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of
Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine,
vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities
with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical
services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and
outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an
outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual
surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It
is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in
2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for
top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and
healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive
salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Mission Viejo , Nursing Manager - Cardiac Telemetry, Other , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!