Psychiatric Technician (All SB Programs)
Company: South Coast Community Services
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of
If so, we would love to have you as part of the SCCS team!
As a Psychiatric Technician, you will perform basic nursing and
psychiatric services for mentally or emotionally disturbed clients
in a clinical setting; performs related duties as required.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides the care of emotionally disturbed clients such as
observing and evaluating clients' behavior, recognizing symptoms
and potential risks of clients, assisting clients in meeting their
- Maintains a safe environment for clients; may participate in
subduing agitated clients.
- Plans and participates in various kinds of rehabilitation and
group activities (Medication Education).
- Coordinates with pharmacy (e.g. refills and
- Measures and monitors vital signs.
- Assist psychiatrist to complete JV220 documentation.
- Maintains patient chart to Medi-Cal documentation standard,
noting such patient behavior as anxiety, withdrawal, mental or
physical progress, or regression.
- Collaborates with professional and technical staff to promote
better utilization of resources with respect to client care.
- Accurate, thorough, complete, legible, and time-specific
documentation on a daily basis, i.e., within 24 hours and within
the Medi-Cal standards.
- Constant professional communication and collaboration with
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Are you looking to make a difference? Please apply!
- Two years of experience as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician in
an outpatient clinic.
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
Licensure, Registration, Certification:
Must possess and maintain the Psychiatric Technician License
issued by the California Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric
- Valid CA driver's license and proof of automobile
- Completion of CPR/First Aid/ProACT certification within the
first thirty (30) days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in
- Must be able to author and produce his/her own emails, letters,
reports, and other documents in a professional manner. That is,
documents and correspondence should be relatively free of grammar
and spelling errors.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all
levels of employees within the organization, including peers,
co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to complete
documentation in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through
- Ability to appear to work every day and on time. Must have
reliable transportation as travel up to 2 hours between office
locations and within the community is required.
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor.
- Ability to understand and follow posted, printed, and/or
electronic work rules and procedures.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism in a respectful, open,
and interactive manner.
- Experience working with people over the phone.
- Must have the ability to perform efficiently and effectively
with multiple interruptions.
- Knowledge in report writing, ability to handle crisis
- Provide medication education in individual, group, and family
Keywords: South Coast Community Services, Mission Viejo , Psychiatric Technician (All SB Programs), Other , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!