Imaging Manager - Radiology Administration
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a Manager, Imaging Services with the
Radiology Administration at Mission Hospital Regional Medical
Location: Primarily Mission Viejo, CA with the additional
requirement for Laguna Beach, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour Days
Under the general direction of the Director, Imaging Svcs
oversees all technical and clerical staff in the Imaging Services
department. Oversees technical procedures, Quality, JCAHO and State
requirements. Ensures the workflow of safe and effective patient
care. Is directly responsible for the management of all services
related to assigned operations.
- Collaborates with the technical staff in organizing and
directing the sections work flow. Develop training programs,
evaluate technical skills, and assign staff as appropriate.
- Maintains high level of technical skills to regularly and
proficiently perform one or more modality and teach all of those
section procedures, and act as a technical resource for staff. Plan
and implement continuing education programs to promote a high level
of technical expertise and compliance with continuing education
requirements. Develop and implement new procedures as
- Facilitates patient flow within the divisions and maintain a
proactive approach in dealing with patient concerns. Actively seek
and develop new measures to improve the quality of patient care
with multi-disciplinary approach.
- Collaborates, communicates and solves problems with other Team
Leaders in all divisions of the department, and establish ongoing
lines of communication with other departments through meetings and
- Participates in Q.A./Q.C. programs as appropriate. Direct
personnel in following quality control procedures. Work with the
quality control section or achieve section and departmental quality
standards, to maintain JCAHO, FDA, MQSA and OSHA compliance, and
any other regulations specific to the divisions.
- Maintains current changes in Federal and State regulations and
current practices in the field. Communicate the need to change or
modify section or departmental policies and procedures to maintain
compliance as necessary.
- Develops and maintain modality proficiency along with the
- Ensures adequate section supply levels are maintained, and that
equipment failure is reported and documented.
- Performs performance evaluations and competencies on assigned
staff members in collaboration with the Director Imaging Services.
REcommends promotions and disciplinary actions within division in
accordance with facility policies.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Cooperates fully with all safety regulations and protocols
including Radiation Safety, Electrical Safety, INfection Control
and Standard Precautions.
- Develops and manages patient care delivery process for a
designated patient population ensuring that policies, procedures,
standards of care, and standards of practice are consistent across
the nursing organization as well as with current nursing research
- Establishes and maintains a positive, professional image.
Recognizes staff contributions consistently and fosters educational
and developmental opportunities for nursing staff.
- Uses performance reviews to motivate and encourage staff.
Achieves 100% timely performance appraisals for assigned
- Supports and fosters strong staff morale in departments by
acting as a positive role model for facilitating and implementing
- Provides positive leadership and oversees supervision to all
staff on unit, particularly new employees/less experienced
- Manages staffing, schedules and maintains adequate staffing,
i.e., budget and census. Ensures completion of all staffing related
documentation. Monitors the staffing costs per unit of services on
a daily basis to manage within budget. Develops and implements an
annual operating budget and capital budget in collaboration with
- Ensures ongoing, positive recognition to staff for
contributions and outcomes. Provides timely, accurate information
to staff via formal and informal staff meetings.
- Ensures staff is competent and performing within the
appropriate scope of practice. Ensures staff has tools to do their
- Identifies opportunities for process/practice improvement and
facilitates implementation of required changes. Reviews
Confidential Event Notifications as well as notice trends and
informs immediate supervisor of any emerging issues
- Ability to problem solve, analyze situations, think critical,
give constructive feedback, supervise and team with others.
- Displays a positive mentor image of the profession regarding
the values, professional, ethical and legal framework.
- Facilitates complete and appropriate follow-up of problems and
communicates status of unresolved issues to immediate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of current management techniques.
- Effective instructional skills.
- Above average knowledge of information systems and network
- Visual capabilities to observe patients and equipment for safe
- Excellent radiation safety knowledge and skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Knowledge of inventory requirements.
- Ability to handle intense situations in an effective
- Proficient in required competencies as listed in the
Radiology/MRI department specific competency inventory upon
completion of orientation.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Computer skills, math skills, aseptic technique, and arrhythmia
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (For existing caregivers - Must obtain within
2 years of hire/transfer effective date)
- Coursework/Training - Graduate of an AMA approved School of
Radiologic Technology or Allied Health Profession.
- 2-5 years of experience in a healthcare environment with 4
years Management experience.
- Current California Radiologic Technologist (CRT) license, or
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) or Registered/Registry
eligible by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Current BLS Certification from American Heart Association
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience managing Imaging Services clerical
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna
Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice,
Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the
welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a
member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and
is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of
Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine,
vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities
with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical
services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and
outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an
outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual
surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It
is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in
2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for
top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and
healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive
salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Mission Viejo , Imaging Manager - Radiology Administration, Other , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!