RN II - Pavilion Telemetry Sepsis
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Pavilion
Telemetry Sepsis Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12-hour, Nights
The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely,
therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses
information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement,
identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care. The Clinical
Nurse II oversees the duties and competencies of the healthcare
team; these include the performance of nursing assistant duties,
and in specified departments basic respiratory, phlebotomy,
cardiology, clerical, food service, and environmental services
duties as applicable. The Clinical Nurse II will practice in
accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal, and hospital
- CLINICAL PRACTICE: The practitioner is accountable to recognize
the health and quality of life needs of patients, family, and
community and to collaborate with them to achieve mutually agreed
upon goals. The practitioner utilizes his/her specialized skills
and scientific knowledge to design collaborative and integrated
care that binds together all resources in a goal oriented movement
toward health. Components of clinical practice are competence,
evidenced based practice/continuous quality improvement, advanced
practice nursing, and practice standards.
- Provides a safe environment specific to age and development of
- Provides safe environment specific to age and development of
patient population served.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Identifies safety issues or hazards in the work environment and
communicates deficiencies appropriately.
- Develops ongoing plan for self-development.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards of care for patients in
daily practice including knowledge of procedures for high-risk
patients. In addition can verbalize knowledge that standards of
care/procedures are research based.
- Develops and completes annual plan with nurse manager/designee
including time frame for obtaining necessary skills/education.
- Verbalizes current knowledge of the standard of practice in
their nursing specialty.
- Seeks opportunities to be taught, coached and mentored.
- Seeks information regarding specialty certification (Verbalizes
knowledge that the opportunity exists in specialty).
- Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational
growth opportunities for peers.
- Assesses team members, students, and orientee's use of newly
learned skills in the work setting per established standards of
care and standards of practice (Looking at competencies, skills in
accordance with standards of practice).
- Designs learning opportunities for team members, students, and
orientees in acquisition of skills (Seeks information from staff on
educational needs, participate with educator, advanced practice,
Clin III or Clin IV in filling the needs).
- Assures quality through application of policy, procedure,
standards of care, clinical pathways and protocol changes.
- Demonstrates awareness of literature in the area of
evidence-based practice (Ability to verbalize names of relevant
journals and is able to access them).
- Acts as a resource to other team members when clarification is
needed (Brings in articles that are of interest to share with peers
- especially important for unusual or high risk patients).
- Questions orders that deviate from usual standard of
- Incorporates performance improvement recommendations into
clinical practice (Ability and willingness to carry our
recommendations - for example from implementation of new product or
technology, new practice from literature review
- Participates in data collection for research/studies as
directed (Collects pt data for research, chart review).
- Maintains clinical competence.
- Maintains knowledge of nurse practice act (Knowledge of RN, LVN
and CNA scope).
- Demonstrates and maintains competence in required hospital wide
and service specific competency programs (Participation in skills
day, specialty competencies i.e. fetal monitoring, oncology
certification, TBI competency).
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served including knowledge
of the principles of growth and development, psychosocial
characteristics, and interventions for age-specific requirements of
the assigned unit (Evaluation of staff members nursing care
- Utilizes nursing process to perform a comprehensive,
age-specific assessment of patient and family needs.
- Performs a comprehensive patient/family physical assessment on
assigned patients demonstrating the ability to integrate cultural,
psychosocial and spiritual needs of the specific population
- Identifies trends in patients' clinical course, assesses
proactively, when necessary.
- Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to assessment.
- Serves as a clinical resource in the development of basic
assessment skills interventions.
- Identifies formal teaching needs for specific patients/
families and communities.
- Includes ability to go beyond items on the pre-printed teaching
record when needed by patient.
- Identifies teaching goals with patient/family and utilizes
resources to develop complex, interdisciplinary teaching
- Identifies ongoing needs and makes referrals utilizing
- Assures that patients/families have acquired all necessary
skills and referrals for post-hospitalization.
- Utilizes nursing process to develop and revise plan of
- Obtains resources and collaborates with other departments
regarding teaching needs (audit of teaching record).
- Identifies and selects appropriate patients for patient care
conferences (Number of patients ID for pt conferences).
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission and facilitates the
discharge plan based upon the patient's continuing care needs.
- Plans for interventions that minimize complications and
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences (Number of
- Implements safe and therapeutic care for patients.
- Implements plan of care for patients of moderate
- Re-prioritizes as necessary to adapt to changing patient
condition, work environment and patient assignments.
- Responds to individual/cultural differences in patient/family
- Evaluates patient assessment, planning and implementation in
relation to intended goals and progress toward expected
- Involves the interdisciplinary team in evaluating the
patient's/family's progress toward attaining expected
- Utilizes ongoing assessment data to revise the diagnoses,
outcomes, and plan of care as needed.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and the patient's
response in relation to outcomes.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with
patients, patients' families, and ancillary departments.
- Good math skills and basic computer data entry skills.
- Current clinical skills of unit specific type patients.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to organize and prepare
nursing care plans, implement effective nursing care, and develop
solutions to patient care problems.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when
performing professional nursing care and dealing with patients and
families often under intense situations.
- Must be proficient in required competencies upon completion of
orientation, as listed on the unit specific orientation and
competency assessment form and may also be listed on performance
- Ability to coordinate and delegate team activities
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Any current employee who was hired before March 2014 and was
already enrolled in an Associate Degree in nursing program before
March 2014, and who graduates with an Associate Degree in Nursing,
can be hired as an RN. They must be enrolled in a BSN program at
the time of transfer into the RN role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or obtain within 2 years of hire;
must be enrolled in program at time of hire (effective March 1,
- Effective March: 1, 2018, experienced RN's must have 1 year of
- California RN License.
- BLS for Health Care Provider - American Heart Association.
- Pavilion Telemetry Sepsis, 615001-C01:
- ACLS within 6 months of hire (will only be assigned to patient
care when another ACLS/PALS nurse is present)
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna
Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice,
Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the
welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a
member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and
is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of
Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine,
vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities
with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical
services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and
outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an
outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual
surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It
is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in
2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for
top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and
healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive
salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Mission Viejo , RN II - Pavilion Telemetry Sepsis, Other , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!