Executive Team Leader Assets Protection (Assistant Manager Loss Prevention)- South Orange County
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Job Description
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help
us create an experience that makes guests say, "I love Target!"
When you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the
joy in everyday life. You're working alongside a dedicated team
that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You will
deliver a destination shopping experience by providing a safe and
secure environment for our guests and mitigate shortage risks in
order to drive sales.
ALL ABOUT ASSETS PROTECTION
AP teams' function to provide a safe and secure environment for
our team members and guests and meet financial goals of shortage
and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by
leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to
crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, creating
awareness and educating team members on operational shortage
priorities. At Target we believe in our team members having
meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for
a career. The role of an Assets Protection Executive Team Leader
can provide you with the:
- Experience managing a safe and secure culture, including crisis
response, a strong safety environment and crowd management
planning, providing support to both guests and team members
- Experience in creating strategic AP strategies and goals and
delivering results through your team
- Experience identifying strategic resolutions of external theft
and fraud, and apprehending individuals attempting to cause a loss,
in accordance with Target policy
- Experience managing the identification and resolution of
- Skills in recruiting, selecting, and talent management of
hourly team members and leaders
As an Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but
a typical day will most likely include the following
- Drive total store sales and increase profitability by ensuring
product is in stock and available to our guests.
- Manage, influence and validate a safe and secure culture by
driving physical security and safety processes; lead store response
and emergency crisis situations and create plans for in-store
- Educate store leaders and teams on emergency preparedness and
physical security procedures.
- Identify shortage risks in key divisions and work with other
leaders to develop tactics that will reduce shortage and drive
- Act as a key resource for company initiatives for AP team
leaders in your district/market.
- Lead investigative and verbal de-escalation classroom
trainings. Facilitate other trainings as needed for your AP team,
store or district.
- Maintain all required training.
- Manage the identification and resolution of internal
investigations. Complete internal interviews for your store and
nearby stores at the discretion of your leader.
- Anticipate and identify theft and shortage trends in your
store, and develop proactive strategies to prevent shortage and
- Determine operational shortage priorities; educate and
influence store teams on these priorities.
- Manage the prevention, identification and resolution of
external theft incidents and investigations.
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs based
on safe and secure and theft patterns (this includes early
morning/overnight shifts, evening and weekends).
- Build partnerships to identify market trends and competition
strategies; leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the
business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
- Build a close partnership with Store Director.
- Develop, schedule and deploy resources based on safe and secure
and theft trends.
- Plan, lead and follow-up on organizational and operational
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear
expectations and performance management.
- Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit - both long
and short term.
- Support the onboarding and development of AP Team Leaders in
- Develop and coach your team to elevate the skills and expertise
of the team.
- Communicate, influence and educate AP priorities (including
shortage priorities) to your team, peers and store teams.
- Manage and model the safety culture in store by recognizing
safe behaviors and identifying and resolving safety hazards and
unsafe behaviors. Investigate injuries that occur to determine root
cause and resolved through appropriate action plans and
- Act as first responder for in-store incidents (e.g., security,
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs
of the guest.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and
compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and
- All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited.
We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET!
excites you. That's why we love working at Target
- Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target
product sounds like your thing That's the core of what we do
- You aren't looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at
a computer all day We are busy all day (especially on the
weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired
and rewarded The good news is that we have some amazing training
that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an
Executive Team Leader of Assets Protection.
But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Meet any state or local licensure, background check, and/or
other legal requirements related to their position
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision
making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we
want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Apprehend subjects in accordance with company policy
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely,
including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40
- Climb up and down ladders
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays)
and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a
qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance)
with the application process upon your request as required to
comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require
assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest
Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services
at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Keywords: Target, Mission Viejo , Executive Team Leader Assets Protection (Assistant Manager Loss Prevention)- South Orange County, Other , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!