Business Development Representative
Company: Phocas Software
Location: Mission Viejo
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Phocas is a software provider that is committed to helping
people feel good about using data. Phocas offers solutions for
analytics that work seamlessly together to help businesses report,
budget and act faster by putting data in the hands of decision
makers. Our software brings together organizations' most useful
data from an ERP and other business systems and presents it in a
way that makes it easy to analyze by anyone.
To put it in a nut shell, we've got a great product, loyal
customers and a happy team! We hire really smart people who are
incredibly curious and passionate about alleviating customer's
pain, but also about changing people's lives through how they do
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) you will act as
first point of contact for customer prospects and utilize sound and
effective prospecting practices to produce high-quality, qualified
leads. Leads are fully developed to the point of scheduled
appointments for the Customer Acquisition Team.
- Articulate the Phocas business value proposition to decision
makers to assess buying interest.
- Schedule qualified appointments with prospective key
decision-makers and influencers.
- Proactively identify business opportunities by identifying
prospects and evaluating their pain/gain points, position in the
industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Maintain, develop and grow a robust pipeline.
- Coordinate sales presentations with Sales Consultant and where
possible participate to inform, educate and help close
- Actively develop and nurture long lasting customer
relationships, especially within our Mid Market segment
- Maintain accurate prospect, customer and pipeline records
within our CRM systems.
- Help with list building and other research projects.
- Attending Trade Shows and other industry/marketing events to
- Understand industry segments served, and keep abreast of
development in the market and/or region.
- Think creatively with timely follow-up communication for
internal and external people.
- Increase interest in Phocas solutions and products through
existing and new channels.
- Stay current with Phocas software, system information, new
features/enhancements and product offerings.
- Achieve/ exceed monthly lead/ opportunity quotas.
- 1-2 years previous quota-carrying sales/ account development
experience, ideally with software-based solutions and B2B
environment - preferred.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, able to speak to
prospects and be compelling. Must be able to close/schedule
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in
- Experience of concurrently managing multiple
- Proven consultative sales abilities. Strong needs analysis,
positioning, business justification and closing skills
- You are a self-starter and can take the initiative, knowing
what, how and when to prioritize tasks.
- Inquisitive nature to understand the customer's needs and wants
and current situation.
- Ability to consult with and advise customers in order to
identify their needs and apply knowledge to understand customer
workflows and what is important to their environment; including
best practice sharing and business transformation.
- Great communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation.
Good interpersonal skills - outgoing and personable
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team to solve
problems and make sales connections in varied environments.
- Experience in business intelligence and ERP solutions.
- Prior experience selling and/or working with/in our target
markets of wholesale distribution, manufacturing or retail.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
Fun / Fulfilling: Awesome culture and meaningful work!
- Autonomy: Trusted to follow your passion and make it your
- Growth: Opportunity to be more - for you and the business
- Wellness: We believe in a real work life balance and have a
strong family orientated culture
In addition to a fun and fulfilling team and environment, other
benefits provided include:
- 401(k) match
- Company paid medical, vision and dental with buy-up
- Generous time off - 20-vacation days and 10-sick days plus
generous company holiday schedule
- Remote work available
These 3 words are what Phocas endeavors to provide to our employees
and underpins everything we do.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Phocas Software, Mission Viejo , Business Development Representative, Other , Mission Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!